Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 29.03.24 at 12:25 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Clive's back. »
   Midnight Voices
   Not Pete Atkin
   Off-topic
(Moderator: S J Birkill)
   Clive's back.
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Clive's back.  (Read 2862 times)
Murray McGlew
MV Feature

I love Midnight Voices!

Clive's back.
« : 19.07.05 at 13:05 »

I discovered rather belatedly that Clive is - or was until just recently - back down under for what must have been a hectic round of appearances. Various people have told me that he has been on this or that TV show. This included "The Footy Show" apparently, which surprised me somewhat, him being a Rugby League man and the show being about  the great Australian game. Just shows his versatility. I'm told that the host mentioned that they had never before had anyone on the show who had written a book of verse. It would be a very unkind person who added "or read" after the word "written".

Unfortunately I was only able to catch him once, on a chat show called "Enough Rope". The host, named Andrew Denton, is funny and clever, so he and Clive bounced off each other quite well. As with every show I have seen Clive on, it suffered from being much too short. He has done too much, and knows too much, so you would probably need a long series of one-on-one, two-hour interviews. A bit like the ones that are (were?) on his web site.

Andrew did manage a few surprises. Well Clive looked surprised anyway. There was some footage of very early Clive, including a stage appearance in his Sydney University days. At the end of his stint they brought out a beautiful tango dancer for him to strut his stuff with. (With whom he could strut his stuff? I must dig out "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" again.)

It sounds as though he is as busy as ever in his retirement, so we can look forward to plenty more from him yet.

Murray.
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=offtopic&action=display&num=1121774711&start=0#0   copy 
Jan
MV Fellow

Re: Clive's back.
« Reply #1: 19.07.05 at 13:22 »

on 19.07.05 at 13:05, Murray McGlew wrote:
A bit like the ones that are (were?) on his web site.

Are!
http://www.clivejames.com/  
Not that I can watch videos at work so I can't be certain.
I see Clive's managed to get the appropriate domain name now! Didn't it belong to a jetski bloke or something?
Jan
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=offtopic&action=display&num=1121774711&start=1#1   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.