Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 28.03.24 at 10:32 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Email Notification »
   Midnight Voices
   Atkin admin
   Tech
(Moderator: Snoopy)
   Email Notification
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Email Notification  (Read 2666 times)
Chris Smith
MV Fresher

Email Notification
« : 08.08.04 at 19:07 »

At present it's possible to select email notification of new posts at the Thread level.

Would it be possible, for simplicities sake and to save having to keep up with new threads, to enable new posts to be:

a) actually sent by email (ie to match the old system), and

b) selected at the Boards (sub-forums) level.

In this way it would be possible for an MV to have new posts forwarded-on from selected Boards (sub-forums) (eg: News, Gigs, *oDs) while ignoring posts on any boards that might not be of interest to them (eg: off-topic).

Cheers,

Chris
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=tech&action=display&num=1091988443&start=0#0   copy 
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

Re: Email Notification
« Reply #1: 08.08.04 at 19:53 »

Chris

I think we need to apply a limit somewhere -- if we're moving to the Web we should do it wholeheartedly, without trying to retain too much of the original e-mail system, good though it was. I know it doesn't suit everyone to keep in touch this way -- the habits of seven years are hard to break -- and I think we've gone some way to appeasing the dissenters with the "Announcements" and "Urgent Things" threads, but I'm reluctant to extend the forum's e-mail capabilities any further. See also the FAQ.

Steve
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=tech&action=display&num=1091988443&start=1#1   copy 

Stephen J Birkill
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.