Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 29.03.24 at 11:59 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Apparition in Las Vegas. »
   Midnight Voices
   Not Pete Atkin
   Off-topic
(Moderator: S J Birkill)
   Apparition in Las Vegas.
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Apparition in Las Vegas.  (Read 9959 times)
Kevin Cryan
MV Fellow

I love Midnight Voices!

Apparition in Las Vegas.
« : 21.07.13 at 18:59 »

Fisun Güner, an art critic and visual arts editor for the award-winning online arts journal The Arts Desk (theartsdesk.com) has published an article last Sunday listing some of the pop and rock legends who inspired fellow musicians to pen compositions about them.  

Quote:

Listed: Pop tributes to pop icons
Pop and rock legends who have served as muse to fellow musicians

Leonard Cohen sang, somewhat indiscreetly, about Janis Joplin “giving head” on his unmade bed, Bob Dylan penned a song to his hero Woody Guthrie, and Don McLean famously sang “the day the music died” about Buddy Holly. The list of pop tributes to pop icons – whether the subject is a distant hero, a dead lover or a good friend – is long. If one were to compile a list of all the songs written about Elvis that list alone would exceed the number below (as it is, I’ve pushed the boat out by including 4 Elvis-inspired songs among the 14, including one penned by Clive James during his folk music heyday with Pete Atkin – who knew?).

Read on

Kevin Cryan
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=offtopic&action=display&num=1374429565&start=0#0   copy 
Revelator
MV Feature

"And then I eat the stick"

Re: Apparition in Las Vegas.
« Reply #1: 31.07.13 at 07:53 »

It's wonderful to see an Atkin/James song get media attention. I have a confession to make--the youtube video in the link is mine. The photos are a bit literal-minded when it comes to illustrating the lyrics, but I hope the video does a bit of justice to the song.
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=offtopic&action=display&num=1374429565&start=1#1   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.