Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 25.04.24 at 02:40 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « question... »
   Midnight Voices
   Not Pete Atkin
   Off-topic
(Moderator: S J Birkill)
   question...
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: question...  (Read 2862 times)
Colin Boag
MV Feature

question...
« : 31.12.04 at 18:14 »

What links Grace Kelly, Frida Kahlo, Abba and Saint Andrew?  To get the answer to this question I recommend that you listen to the repeat of 'Hermless' on Radio Scotland's Listen Again section.  Interestingly, the programme also includes the widely - and rightly - acclaimed poet and dramatist, Liz Lochead, describing a songwriter as being too clever to be a major star...spot any similarities?

And a happy Hogmanay to one and all.  

Colin
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=offtopic&action=display&num=1104516854&start=0#0   copy 

Colin
Mike Walters
MV Fixture

Re: question...
« Reply #1: 03.01.05 at 13:41 »

As Colin previously pointed out, Michael Marra's increasingly excellent website (possibly the now the second best site devoted to a little-known but excellent singer-songwriter) has made an enormous amount of Marra's music available for sampling on line over the Christmas period.    Even more intriguingly, though, I notice that the site has now made available all of his albums (including deleted early ones which means I can finally fill the odd gaps in my own collection) for legal download as MP3s at £1 a track.  I wonder if this might be a possible way forward for Pete particularly with regard to the 1970s albums, given the presumable unlikelihood of another See for Miles type deal in the foreseeable future.  I imagine there would be the usual rights problems with the old RCA albums, and it may well be that, given that most of the old guard have probably now taken up the opportunity to purchase the albums on CD, Pete would rather concentrate on the future.  But it struck me as an interesting parallel...

Happy new year

Mike
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=offtopic&action=display&num=1104516854&start=1#1   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.