Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 24.04.24 at 21:24 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Pheasantry, March 2nd »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Gigs
(Moderator: Gerry Smith)
   Pheasantry, March 2nd
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Pheasantry, March 2nd  (Read 1450 times)
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

Pheasantry, March 2nd
« : 04.03.22 at 19:53 »

Wednesday night's Pheasantry gig went well, Pete reports. Not a full house this time -- the midweek date and tube strikes won't have helped -- but the 30 or so present were every bit as attentive and appreciative as we've come to expect from the King's Road audiences. A couple of interesting variations: I See The Joker, normally a strongly piano-driven song, he played on guitar, with Simon filling in with some big bass chords and, as Pete notes, some good C-flatted-fifths; on Beware Of The Beautiful Stranger Pete decided spontaneously to skip the guitar intro, instead singing the first verse in a free, out-of-tempo colla voce style, emphasizing the title line at the end of the verse as the rhythm kicked in ahead of verse 2. Winter Spring and The Beautiful Changes each put in a rare appearance.

Here's the full setlist:

Girl On The Train
The Way You Are With Me
Sessionman’s Blues
(no gtr)
Apparition In Las Vegas
Canoe
(no gtr)
I See The Joker
Perfect Moments
(no gtr)
Sunlight Gate
Beware Of The Beautiful Stranger
Have You Got A Biro I Can Borrow?

The Beautiful Changes
Time To Burn
Frangipanni Was Her Flower
(P on piano)
Winter Spring
(P on piano)
Screen-Freak
The Last Hill That Shows You All The Valley
Thirty Year Man
(no gtr)
The Colours Of The Night

+

Laughing Boy

The Pheasantry is Pizza Express's restaurant and music venue on the King's Road, Chelsea in south-west London. Pete's next appearance there (with Simon Wallace, as usual) is scheduled for July 2nd. Tickets will go on sale nearer the time. Stay up to date with the Gig Guide on our (Pete's) website at www.peteatkin.com.

Steve

(During the editing of this message, there was a moment when I read "Simon filling in with some big ass chords" That works too...)
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1646423633&start=0#0   copy 

Stephen J Birkill
Andrew Long
MV Friend

I love Midnight Voices!

Re: Pheasantry, March 2nd
« Reply #1: 08.03.22 at 14:28 »

Thanks for the write up. There would indeed have been at least one more in the audience absent the tube strikes....

A pleasing list with plenty of classics. I also quite like the idea of the somewhat more select audience! Next time for me perhaps...
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1646423633&start=1#1   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.