Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 27.04.24 at 07:58 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Toft House, Middlesbrough - Saturday, 9 September 2023 »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Gigs
(Moderator: Gerry Smith)
   Toft House, Middlesbrough - Saturday, 9 September 2023
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Toft House, Middlesbrough - Saturday, 9 September 2023  (Read 866 times)
Gordon Taylor
MV Fresher

I love Midnight Voices!

Toft House, Middlesbrough - Saturday, 9 September 2023
« : 11.09.23 at 00:12 »

Hadn't seen Pete since Latitude in 2008, and only once before that, so spotting a gig at a venue I'd never heard of, within an hour's drive, proved irresistible.  And a lovely venue it turned out to be too, nice bar, plenty of outdoor seating on what was an uncommonly warm evening, great sound and lighting and a friendly and appreciative audience.  I will definitely return.

Pete alternated between guitar and keyboard every couple of songs and I was delighted to hear that his voice hadn't changed a bit in the intervening years.  I THINK the setlist below is reasonably accurate but he was a few songs in before I started jotting down any notes when I realised it was very different to what I'd read from the previous week's show.

Be Careful When They Offer You The Moon
The Pearl-Driller
Perfect Moments
Dancing Master
Thief In The Night  
Last Hill That Shows You All The Valley  
The Flowers And The Wine
Between Us There Is Nothing
Me To Thank
Beware Of The  Beautiful Stranger

Touch Has A Memory
Girl On A Train
History and Geography
The Magic Wasn't There
I See The Joker
An Empty Table
30 Year Man
Luck Of The Draw
Have You Got A Biro I Can Borrow?  

The Master Of The Revels
Care-Charmer Sleep

I was very pleasantly surprised by how many REALLY early songs he played and have to admit to shedding a little tear or two during the first set.  

Having booked this one ages ago I had actually bought tickets for another gig for the same night, closer to home, just in case it didn't happen and when my other half opted out in favour of the tennis, I did waver for a very brief period before jumping in the car.  No regrets, coyote.  An absolute cracker of an evening.

https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1694387525&start=0#0   copy 
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

Re: Toft House, Middlesbrough - Saturday, 9 September 2023
« Reply #1: 11.09.23 at 01:18 »

Thank you Gordon for the excellent report, set-list and photo. After Ambleside I was beginning to think no-one up north cared any more about sharing. And kudos to Pete for airing more unusual classics like Pearl-Driller (did I really just type 'pear-driller'?), Last Hill and Between Us while touring his new CD.

Good to have you aboard!

Steve
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1694387525&start=1#1   copy 

Stephen J Birkill
Carole
MV Fixture

« Reply #2: 11.09.23 at 01:20 »

Great review, and photo, Gordon! Thank you very much.
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1694387525&start=2#2   copy 
Seán Kelly
MV Fixture

« Reply #3: 12.09.23 at 08:58 »

Thanks very much for the report and pic Gordon - much appreciated !   Smiley
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1694387525&start=3#3   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.