Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 29.03.24 at 10:03 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Annotated lyrics »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Newsletter
(Moderator: Pete Atkin)
   Annotated lyrics
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Annotated lyrics  (Read 5823 times)
Richard Bleksley
MV Fixture

My time has come to find a better way

Annotated lyrics
« : 08.02.06 at 18:30 »

A slight correction here to Newsletter MV0601.

Although the excellent annotations to Screen Freak and Uncle Seabird were, indeed, by Kevin Cryan as stated, the one to The Man Who Walked Towards the Music was actually by me.  Not mentioned was the annotation to National Steel, also by me.

Although I wasn't going to blow my own trumpet on this forum (I thought a quiet word in Pete's virtual shell-like might be more appropriate), Pete advised me to do it this way, and so that's what I'm doing....
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=newsletter&action=display&num=1139423410&start=0#0   copy 
Bernie Seerzak
MV Fresher

Ramillies Studios, Birmingham

Re: Annotated lyrics
« Reply #1: 18.02.06 at 23:17 »

Driving Through Mythical America

"Even the dead can talk"
Where did Bogart say this?  In his 1951 film known as Murder Inc in UK (or The Enforcer in the US).  The speech goes:
"If you think you can get away with this you're crazy. You think you can shut people up by killing them, but you're wrong: even the dead can talk. Maybe not in a courtroom but they'll be talking to you, Mendoza ...  at night when you are trying to sleep".
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=newsletter&action=display&num=1139423410&start=1#1   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.