Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 29.03.24 at 15:25 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « New Clive James song - The Outgoing Administration »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Words
(Moderator: Mike Walters)
   New Clive James song - The Outgoing Administration
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: New Clive James song - The Outgoing Administration  (Read 1626 times)
Adam L Holden
MV Fresher

I love Midnight Voices!

New Clive James song - The Outgoing Administration
« : 27.11.19 at 10:15 »

Here's my original setting of Clive's early poem, The Outgoing Administration. I wrote the music a few years back and Pete was kind enough to listen to it and encourage me. Anyway, it's now the final track on my EP of songs "Playtime for Everyone". The individual song is here if you want to have a listen.  

https://adamholden.bandcamp.com/track/the-outgoing-administration

Any thoughts on the poem would be most welcome. I can't even find a date.

In the liner notes for the EP I say: "The songs of Pete Atkin and Clive James blew my teenage mind and opened up whole new possibilities for topic, technique and tone (thanks Michael Fearn!). Many years later I re-read this poem, and being the exception that proves the rule, it seemed that the words might support more music than was already in them. What came out was remarkably like one of Pete’s, but I hope it is more testament than pastiche".
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Words&action=display&num=1574849758&start=0#0   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.