Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 28.03.24 at 19:41 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Clive - As good as Heaney »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Words
(Moderator: Mike Walters)
   Clive - As good as Heaney
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Clive - As good as Heaney  (Read 2346 times)
Tiny Montgomery
MV Feature

I love Midnight Voices!

Clive - As good as Heaney
« : 23.12.08 at 21:12 »

The latest issue of Prospect magazine features a review of The Book of My Enemy and Angels Over Elsinore. Julian Gough argues that Clive James's poetry is "the same order of magnitude" as Nobel prizewinner Seamus Heaney. (Poetic food for thought indeed).

The article can be found at www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/article_details.php?id=10530

https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Words&action=display&num=1230066735&start=0#0   copy 
Ian Ashleigh
MV Fixture

Carnations on the Roof

Re: Clive - As good as Heaney
« Reply #1: 26.12.08 at 12:12 »

What an apposite post!!  I was given a copy of The Book of My Enemy for Christmas and have been dipping in an out of it.  The article is an amazing analysis of body of Clive's work that is probably the least widely known.

Thanks Tiny for the link
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Words&action=display&num=1230066735&start=1#1   copy 

Though he had no great gifts of personality or mind, he was quite well respected.
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.