Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 27.04.24 at 06:49 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Musicport Festival, Whitby, October 20-22nd »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Gigs
(Moderator: Gerry Smith)
   Musicport Festival, Whitby, October 20-22nd
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Musicport Festival, Whitby, October 20-22nd  (Read 1941 times)
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

Musicport Festival, Whitby, October 20-22nd
« : 28.09.23 at 08:42 »

General ticket sales are now open for this event, the 'Early Bird Special' period for the full weekend having expired. So you can now book separately for the Friday, the Saturday and/or the Sunday.

"Which one?", you might ask. You might well.

When Pete's participation was first announced, Pete accepted the 15:00 main stage slot on Saturday, October 21st, and thus I listed it in the Gig Guide. So far, so good. Here's the poster:

Then yesterday I went to the festival's Eventbrite page to check ticket prices, and looked at the artists listed for each day of the event. There was Pete's name, in amongst the "Sunday" artists, along with Martin Carthy, and others whose names meant nothing to me.

The immediate concern was that they'd shuffled the programme around between then and now. I asked Pete. He knew nothing of any change, and was fully expecting to fetch up there Saturday afternoon.

He's been in touch with the organisers, asking them to confirm which day they're expecting him, and we're awaiting a reply.  
This is to advise you all to hold off booking tickets until the matter is clarified.

Adult tickets are running at:

£  37.62 - for Friday 20.10.23
   £  64.26 - for Saturday 21.10.23
   £  58.94 - for Sunday 22.10.23
   £138.88 - for the full weekend.

There are concessions for under-16s and under-11s, and under-sixes get free admission. Full details and ticket ordering are on the Eventbrite site, which as of now (Midnight thirty here in Vancouver, 08:30 UK time) continues to display the 'wrong' date. Perhaps that will have changed by the time you read this. I'll clarify here and on the Gig Guide when I find out for sure.

Steve
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1695886929&start=0#0   copy 

Stephen J Birkill
Keith Busby
MV Fixture

Re: Musicport Festival, Whitby, October 20-22nd
« Reply #1: 30.09.23 at 14:52 »

Too late, I'm afraid. I could have worked this into a trip, but since the individual days are only now available, it's not possible. Pooh to the organisers.
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1695886929&start=1#1   copy 

Commit THAT to Your Fragrant Memory!
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

« Reply #2: 30.09.23 at 18:10 »

Sorry to hear that, Keith. It's been frustrating trying to present useful information on the Gig Guide. The 'Early Bird' nonsense caused them to hold off publicising the timetable, and even now we're still guessing. The ticketing page still has conflicting information today --

Near the top:

SATURDAY: Prepare to be mesmerized by the enchanting vocals of Souad Massi and the infectious beats of Masilla Sound System. Gasper Nali, Hejira Project, Will Pound & Jenn Butterworth, Kathryn Williams, Mairi Campbell, Michael Mountain, State of Satta, and David Neil Crabtree will also be taking the stage.

SUNDAY: The Sisterhood, led by the incredible Sarah Jane Morris, will deliver a soul-stirring performance. Maya Youssef, Onipa, Martin Carthy, Pete Atkin, Kinaara, The Wagon Train, and Hayley McKay will also grace us with their immense talent.

But under 'About the organizer' we get:

SATURDAY: Prepare to be mesmerized by the enchanting vocals of Souad Massi and the infectious beats of Masilla Sound System. Gasper Nali, Hejira Project, Will Pound & Jenn Butterworth, Kathryn Williams, Mairi Campbell, Pete Atkin, Michael Mountain, State of Satta, and David Neil Crabtree will also be taking the stage.

SUNDAY: The Sisterhood, led by the incredible Sarah Jane Morris, will deliver a soul-stirring performance. Maya Youssef, Onipa, Martin Carthy, Kinaara, The Wagon Train, and Hayley McKay will also grace us with their immense talent.

I'm pretty sure the Saturday, as originally organised, is the correct day, but on the strength of that page we still can't recommend booking tickets or travel!

Steve
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1695886929&start=2#2   copy 

Stephen J Birkill
Jigbuster
MV Fresher

« Reply #3: 03.10.23 at 10:09 »

Oh well, if the old fans can't be sure of when Pete's on at Whitby at least he might get some new ones, which is what we'd all like.  

Meanwhile, I just found a copy of "Live In Australia" on eBay to replace the one I "loaned" to somebody and never got back - hooray! £14.99 well-spent.
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1695886929&start=3#3   copy 
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

« Reply #4: 03.10.23 at 18:06 »

Aha! Now they've corrected it -- all their info now agrees that the date is Saturday.

Musicport Festival, Whitby : Pete Atkin appears on Saturday October 21st
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1695886929&start=4#4   copy 

Stephen J Birkill
Andrew Long
MV Friend

I love Midnight Voices!

« Reply #5: 16.10.23 at 17:11 »

an afternoon I can't make but - as ever- reports and set list would be much appreciated after the event!
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1695886929&start=5#5   copy 
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

« Reply #6: 25.10.23 at 06:21 »

Pete reports most favourably on the Whitby event. He was given a 3 p.m. spot on the main stage in the big hall, a space some hundred-foot square with a huge picture window onto the sea. The sound was excellent, despite the hall's unfavourable acoustic, and Pete tells us the atmosphere was great. About 250 people were there, with only a dozen or so drifting off to other attractions early in the set, and he had quite a few of the 1970s LPs to autograph afterwards. He confirms there was no ability to book for less than a full day.

Here's the set list:

Master Of The Revels (p)
The Pearl-Driller (g)
The Beautiful Changes (g)
Screen-Freak (p)
Canoe (p)
Beware Of The Beautiful Stranger (g)
I See The Joker (p)
Touch Has A Memory (p)
The Way You Are With Me (g)
The Flowers And The Wine (p)
Thirty Year Man (p)
Have You Got A Biro I Can Borrow? (g)
Girl On The Train (g)

He was away by 5, and broke the homeward journey in Leeds. By Sunday morning the worst of the storm had passed.
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1695886929&start=6#6   copy 

Stephen J Birkill
Douglas Fergus
MV Friend

Okeydoke, my armchair hero

« Reply #7: 26.10.23 at 21:48 »

Thanks Steve.
Sounds like it was a good one.
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1695886929&start=7#7   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.