Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 20.04.24 at 05:47 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « New posting form »
   Midnight Voices
   Atkin admin
   Tech
(Moderator: Snoopy)
   New posting form
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: New posting form  (Read 2281 times)
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

New posting form
« : 11.08.04 at 00:33 »

I'm trying out a revised text entry form for posts. This fixes the feature noted by Secret Drinker and Gerry Smith, whereby failure to enter a subject line gives an error message, and hitting <BACK> doesn't (in MSIE) recover the message. In this event it now pops up a reminder, and you don't lose anything. Also, as an additional security measure, it can be set to copy text as typed to the Windows clipboard.

However the clipboard feature only works in Internet Explorer, as do the 'Live Preview' and 'YaBBC Help' buttons. There are also problems with some of the formatting buttons -- font colour, background colour, face and size don't seem to be delivering their tags, and the colour palettes look odd in Opera. If I can't get these working to my satisfaction I may have to revert to the original form, but I'll let this one stand for now.

Steve
« Last Edit: 11.08.04 at 08:32 by S J Birkill »     https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=tech&action=display&num=1092180790&start=0#0   copy 

Stephen J Birkill
Gerry Smith
MV Fixture

Re: New posting form
« Reply #1: 11.08.04 at 01:08 »

Pheww.. thanks for that Steve.  I hadn't made any note of my original text and so there was much wailing and nashing of teeth!  Glad it's fixed (vee haf ways off making u fill in the subject line, mein freund!!)
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=tech&action=display&num=1092180790&start=1#1   copy 

Out playing the saxes
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.