Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 20.04.24 at 00:40 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « PoD04 : Car-Sharing »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   *oDs
(Moderator: Leslie Moss)
   PoD04 : Car-Sharing
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: PoD04 : Car-Sharing  (Read 3272 times)
Andy Love
MV Feature

PoD04 : Car-Sharing
« : 03.09.04 at 23:26 »

Hi Chorus

In the next week or so I’ll be retiring as Richard’s Booking Czar and moving to my new job as Car-Share Czar. I can’t say it properly even once, I’ve discovered - it comes out sounding like Chinese! Anyway...

If distance is an object in anyone’s decision about whether or not to attend PoD, car-sharing can soften the blow to the wallet caused by fuel prices.  We’ve operated car-share schemes for previous XoDs and they’ve been at least moderately successful.

Worth considering?  

The main opportunity to join the scheme comes when you order your tickets but I’d be perfectly happy to supply you at any time with a quick ‘read-out’ of the rough locations of any already-signed-up car-sharers in your area.  Just send me an Instant Message and I’ll get back to you asap.  

Cheers

Andy
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=ods&action=display&num=1094250399&start=0#0   copy 
Andy Love
MV Feature

Re: PoD04 : Car-Sharing
« Reply #1: 24.10.04 at 17:29 »

Fellow  PoDders

Some car-sharing has already been arranged behind the scenes, as it were, but I thought it was about time to organise the list of others who had expressed an interest in giving or receiving lifts.  

I hope the following list of the starting points of Pod-bound MVs is usefully-organised to some degree at least!  Those points which are North-East (for example) are listed both in the ‘from North’ and the ‘from East’ lists:  

From North of the Venue

Bridge Of Don, Aberdeen  (AB22)
Streeton, Bradford   (BD20)
Marple,  Stockport  (SK6)
New Mills  (SK2)
Sneinton,  Nottingham  (NG2)
Kennington,  Oxford   (OX1)
Cambridge  (CB4)
Ilford, Essex   (IG5)
New Barnet  (EN5)
Walthamstow  (E17)
Water End,  Hemel Hempstead  (HP1)
Chesham, Bucks  (HP5)
London  (N8)

From West of the Venue

Kennington,  Oxford   (OX1)
Water End,  Hemel Hempstead  (HP1)
Chesham, Bucks  (HP5)
Woking   (GU21)
Godalming,  Surrey  (GU7)
Addlestone, Surrey  (KT15)

From East of the Venue

Cambridge  (CB4)
New Barnet  (EN5)
Ilford, Essex   (IG5)
Walthamstow  (E17)
Hextable, Kent (BR8)
Croydon,  Surrey  (CR0)

From South of the Venue

Hastings  (TN34)
Godalming,  Surrey  (GU7)

If you would like to be put in touch with anyone on your route, please e-mail (a.mogless@virgin.net) or instant-message me and I’ll make the introductions.

If you’ve changed your mind and would now like to share travel, please e-mail me and I’ll ask Mr. Moderator to update the list accordingly.

Cheers  

Andy
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=ods&action=display&num=1094250399&start=1#1   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.