Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 28.03.24 at 11:49 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Richard Moxham »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Members
(Moderator: S J Birkill)
   Richard Moxham
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Richard Moxham  (Read 5135 times)
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

Richard Moxham
« : 21.04.19 at 20:59 »

Today, Pete posted this message on Facebook:

Quote:
It's a huge sadness to have to pass on the news that Richard Moxham died suddenly last month, Richard was right at the heart of the Midnight Voices from the start. He twice organised concerts for me at the Lycee Internationale in Paris (where he taught), and then in Brussels, later at Orpington Grammar, and finally at Dover Grammar School where he was head. He was always exceptionally good and generous company. His wide reading and wide listening many times pointed me towards some great discoveries. We shall all miss him, but nowhere near as much as Colette, Jack, and Noah.

We join him in sadness at the loss of our long-time member Richard.

Steve
« Last Edit: 21.04.19 at 21:51 by S J Birkill »     https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=members&action=display&num=1555876772&start=0#0   copy 

Stephen J Birkill
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

Re: Richard Moxham
« Reply #1: 21.04.19 at 21:51 »

I'm reminded of Richard's post to the newly-minted "MV-as-Web-Forum" in 2005, during the UK tour with Clive. In reply to a comment (re Girl On The Train) in the "2005 tour set lists" thread:

Quote:
On the other hand, "mouth" and "Earth" slipped through the net...

Richard wrote:

Quote:
Way back there in my Clivolatrous period, I used to assume that the bathetic rhyme was an ironic device for puncturing the pretension in the very act of publishing it.  In vaguely similar vein, it occurred to me to wonder whether "to even..." might not be a stitch deliberately dropped for finer eyes to fault.  I still think both are possibilities, though the first perhaps rather more likely than the second.

Now there's a couple of acute observations of (possibly) Clive's mischievous skill that I rather suspect no-one else had spotted -- I certainly hadn't. I don't recall whether Clive ever denied either.

Steve
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=members&action=display&num=1555876772&start=1#1   copy 

Stephen J Birkill
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.