Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 29.03.24 at 01:47 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Clive James - Notebooks »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Words
(Moderator: Mike Walters)
   Clive James - Notebooks
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Clive James - Notebooks  (Read 10353 times)
Tiny Montgomery
MV Feature

I love Midnight Voices!

Clive James - Notebooks
« : 02.01.14 at 16:03 »

The Guardian's list of books for 2014 mentioned Notebooks (Picador), by Clive James, due in October.(www.theguardian.com).
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Words&action=display&num=1388678597&start=0#0   copy 
Kevin Cryan
MV Fellow

I love Midnight Voices!

Re: Clive James - Notebooks
« Reply #1: 04.01.14 at 14:06 »

There is no mention Notebooks in today's print edition of The Guardian

Quote:
(Performance poet Kate Tempest follows up her Ted Hughes-prize-winning Brand New Ancients, an hour-long "spoken story" with orchestral backing, with a new, and as yet untitled, work (Picador).  Michael Longley, who is 75 this year, has had a career of rare consistency of quality. His new collection is The Stairwell(Cape)

The on-line edition reads:

Quote:
Performance poet Kate Tempest follows up her Ted Hughes-prize-winning Brand New Ancients, an hour-long "spoken story" with orchestral backing, with a new, and as yet untitled, work (Picador). Clive James's translation of Dante has been shortlisted for the Costa prize. He gives some of his thinking about poetry in his Notebooks (Picador). Michael Longley, who is 75 this year, has had a career of rare consistency of quality. His new collection is The Stairwell (Cape).

As I cannot at present see any reference to Notebooks on the Picador site, I cannot say which edition of The Guardian is correct. However, for reasons that will probably be obvious to readers of Clive's most recent essays, I suggest that the The Guardian's online edition is correct, and that mention of the collection was sub-edited out because he or she did not have enough column inches available to include it.

Kevin Cryan
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Words&action=display&num=1388678597&start=1#1   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.