Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 29.03.24 at 02:11 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Clive James' Website »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Words
(Moderator: Mike Walters)
   Clive James' Website
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Clive James' Website  (Read 2032 times)
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

Clive James' Website
« : 14.01.07 at 17:53 »

If you haven't looked at CliveJames.com for a while, I suggest you do so now.

Since (notionally at least) separating from the WelcomeStranger business, this has become a truly impressive resource, with Clive's personality stamped all over it. It's a treasurehouse: all (?) his new poems are here, saved from the expiry of newspaper and magazine Web archives -- this material is so good I'm without the vocabulary to express my admiration (not a great endorsement, you'll realise, since I don't say much; but sample it for yourselves!)

Cécile Menon seems to have brought out the best in Clive, and enabled him to put his own stamp on this selection of material. Not only Clive's poetry, but the work of ten guest poets is featured, along with Clive's own prose pieces already published, lectures, articles on TV, and material from Zoë Williams and Dai Davies.

'Gallery' includes painting, sculpture and photography, and the so-called multimedia (audio and video) stuff features the complete 'Talking in the Library' TV interviews, currently running on the Artsworld TV channel, plus audio dialogues, lectures and a substantial chunk from the Pete and Clive 'Live in Australia' double CD.

[Concerning Artsworld: beware their 'HD' channel: much of the content, including Clive's stuff, is standard definition, up-sampled for the HDTV distribution and quite fuzzy as a result -- you'll not read those book spines any more clearly. But Peter Ackroyd's London Visions series is visually spectacular in 1080i.]

Clive -- I think a new addendum to 'Homepage History' is overdue -- at some point since mid-2006 you've really made this corner of the Library of Babel your very own.

Steve
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Words&action=display&num=1168797190&start=0#0   copy 

Stephen J Birkill
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.