Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 29.03.24 at 14:24 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « CJ lyric sighting in Richard Thompson box set »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Words
(Moderator: Mike Walters)
   CJ lyric sighting in Richard Thompson box set
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: CJ lyric sighting in Richard Thompson box set  (Read 1728 times)
Jeremy
MV Fresher

I love Midnight Voices!

CJ lyric sighting in Richard Thompson box set
« : 07.02.06 at 13:19 »

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I last poked my nose in here, but I thought someone might be interested in this.  After taking delivery of the new Richard Thompson box set last week (see http://www.richardthompson-music.com/catch_of_the_day.asp?id=488 for all the gory details), I've been playing it constantly and devouring all the little extra tidbits that the compilers have stuffed in there for hardcore anorak-wearing trainspotting fans such as I.  

There's a book with a biography, interview and detailed notes for each song on the CDs.  One of the authors' little quirks is to start each song writeup with a lyric quote - but not from that song - pretty wild, huh?  Most of the quotes come from other RT songs, but the one used for "Don't Let  A Thief Steal Into Your Heart" is "A guitar is a thief in the night", which I thought wonderfully eclectic of them (and possibly a bit too obscure for some RT fans).

If you want to know what the rest of the box set is like, I don't have room to rave about it here, apart from saying that - for a certain strain of music lover - it's the wettest of dreams come true.

Cheers,

Jeremy
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Words&action=display&num=1139318388&start=0#0   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.