Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 20.04.24 at 14:00 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Introduction and the recordings »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Music
(Moderator: Ian Chippett)
   Introduction and the recordings
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Introduction and the recordings  (Read 4638 times)
Bo_Weevil_Hacksaw
MV Fresher

I love Midnight Voices!

Introduction and the recordings
« : 24.05.13 at 21:02 »

Hello everyone

I first heard Pete Atkin on Derek Jewell's "Sounds Interesting" programme on Radio 3 in the seventies. Jewell played some amazingly good stuff (and some terrible music as well) but I suppose that my abiding memories of what impressed me as a teenager are of Dory Previn and Pete Atkin.

I've always remembered Pete through the years although I've never managed to see him play live and I only possess one of his albums, although after visiting the shop that will shortly be five albums.

Fortunately in Nottingham we have had a number of good programmes on local radio and the current one of these, Roger William's "World of Difference" on the internet only Trentsound Radio http://www.trentsound.com/world.html has played Pete a couple of times recently which re-ignited my interest.

My immediate reaction was to start looking for the various albums that have been released through the years and unfortunately, to find nothing.

Having now found this site I discover that the re-releases were destroyed by fire and are unlikely to be released again. Pete, I think, commented that most of his fans will have them already. Unfortunately I seem to be the exception to the rule.

Which leads to my question. Who owns the copyright now and if they don't intend to use the material, can't they just return it to Pete? At least then there could be the low cost alternative of publishing the music in MP3 format for download. I'd like to see it and although the albums would probably not enjoy large sales, I can imagine that a few people who missed out on the music originally would like the chance to obtain it.

I feel quite strongly about this. I don't like the current system of copyright and one of the changes I would like to see is this, if the copyright holder does not make the recordings commercially available within a reasonable time then the artist is entitled to exercise the copyright themselves. This would mean that the artist would be more likely to see their work made available than at present, they would have the chance to make some money for their efforts and the punter would be able to punt.

Thanks for reading thus far. I hope that before too long I will have the opportunity to download Pete's commercial albums.

Paul Dover
Nottingham
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1369425766&start=0#0   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.