Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 29.04.24 at 08:09 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « How Like You This? »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Music
(Moderator: Ian Chippett)
   How Like You This?
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: How Like You This?  (Read 2965 times)
Gerry Smith
MV Fixture

How Like You This?
« : 16.02.07 at 23:49 »

I've just been searching Smash Flops for the .ra file I used to have of 'How Like You This', played by Pete and sung by Julie C. I found the lyric, but the 'sound clip available' link goes to a page of sound clips from other songs. HLYT is nowhere to be found.  I hope it is still available somewhere.  Steve, perhaps you could point me in the right direction. If I remember, there were two versions on the site at one time, perhaps around 1998.  The one I have in mind featured a lot of acoustic guitar and oboe (or flute) I think.  

If I'd remembered in time, this would have been in my PA top ten.

Wish I could have been at Walthamstow.  Hasta la proxima.

Gerry

https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1171669767&start=0#0   copy 

Out playing the saxes
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

Re: How Like You This?
« Reply #1: 17.02.07 at 16:06 »

In the early days I really did as advertised, for a while, rotating the songs I RealAudio streamed on Smash Flops. That link from the lyric page does look like quite an old one. I've had a root around and can't find the file anywhere, so I guess I took it down a long time ago.

The two versions I have are the orchestrated one from WAYDATS with the beginning missing (fades in at 'as the wind...') and the TPMO cut. They were both on the Library discs, so you may know the second of them from there -- seems unlikely I'd have put both on the Website. Gorgeous song.

I know it's overdue, but I will eventually get around to revamping the audio clippage, at which point I'll make a point of including this one.

Steve

PS -- I'd better lose that broken link too!
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1171669767&start=1#1   copy 

Stephen J Birkill
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.