Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 28.03.24 at 19:53 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Whistling »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Music
(Moderator: Ian Chippett)
   Whistling
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Whistling  (Read 3265 times)
Theo Clarke
MV Feature

Whistling
« : 15.08.04 at 11:45 »

Yesterday as I was doing some housework I realised that I was whistling.  I was whistling what Pete Atkin calls a 'choon'. In this case the choon was 'The Man Who Walks Towards The Music'. Sometimes when I whistle I silently recall the associated lyrics but in this case I was enaged only with the melody. Being a reflective sort, I pondered this awhile.  I noticed that over a third of the tunes that I whistle were written by Pete and that about half the time those tunes are pure melody whereas with other whistling more than half the time I am whistling along to internal lyrics.

I find this surprising.  I am greatly enamoured of Clive's lyrics. I would have expected the words and tunes to be indivisible in my perceptions.  Clearly the music has had a much greater effect upon me than I knew.

Theo

PS The song currently looping in my head is Nina Simone singing "I wish I knew how it would feel to be free". Particularly the couplet: "I wish that I could do all the things I can do though I'm way overdue I'd be starting anew". Probably midlife crisis leakage ...
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1092566700&start=0#0   copy 
Secret Drinker
MV Fixture

Paul Gunningham, MoM

Re: Whistling
« Reply #1: 15.08.04 at 23:30 »

on 15.08.04 at 11:45, Theo Clarke wrote:
The song currently looping in my head is Nina Simone singing "I wish I knew how it would feel to be free". Particularly the couplet: "I wish that I could do all the things I can do though I'm way overdue I'd be starting anew". Probably midlife crisis leakage ...

D__n! You've got me whistling it now - just the tune, you understand, not the words. I never was much good at whistling words.

Cheers

Paul
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1092566700&start=1#1   copy 

Staving off the pressure... by drinking real ale
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.