Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 28.03.24 at 12:43 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Australian Tour CDs »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Gigs
(Moderator: Gerry Smith)
   Australian Tour CDs
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Australian Tour CDs  (Read 4814 times)
Gerry Smith
MV Moderator

Australian Tour CDs
« : 24.02.11 at 16:01 »

Must confess I'd only listened to the Australian tour CDs a couple of times but revisited them yesterday and listened properly. I was struck with how excellent the live performances of the songs are - at times truly definitive versions.  

Also very much liked Clive's brief explanation of the difference betweem lyrics and poetry; "a lyric is waiting for its music, a poem already has it". Lovely!
« Last Edit: 24.02.11 at 18:43 by Gerry Smith »     https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1298563295&start=0#0   copy 

Out playing the saxes
Ian Ashleigh
MV Fixture

Carnations on the Roof

Re: Australian Tour CDs
« Reply #1: 24.02.11 at 17:08 »

Hi Gerry

The Australian Tour CDs are porobably the most listened to in my 'completists' collection and do love Clive's vocal on Laughing Boy which itself could be one of the definitive versions that you describe.
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1298563295&start=1#1   copy 

Though he had no great gifts of personality or mind, he was quite well respected.
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.