Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUMRSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 24.11.17 at 22:25 UK
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices Disgustingly cheap...
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Music
(Moderator: Ian Chippett)
   Disgustingly cheap...
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Disgustingly cheap...  (Read 3339 times)
Gerry Smith
MV Fixture

Disgustingly cheap...
« : 16.04.07 at 00:51 »

Well, what a good Atkin/James week I've had on the bay.  Not only did I get a vinyl DTMA for 8.50 a couple of days ago, but have just got home to find I've won a vinyl BOTBS, wait for it, for 99p!!!! A travesty!! It is described as being in excellent condition and certainly looks it from the photo.  That completes my 12" vinyl PA/CJ collection, other than the Fontana (?) release of BOTBS (mine is RCA). I'm Unless I'm mistaken, of course...  

I've got rare unsigned copies of the above  Wink but I hope that can be easily fixed!  

Gerry

IP logged

Out playing the saxes
Paul Leighton
MV Friend

Mine's a Thatchers!

Re: Disgustingly cheap...
« Reply #1: 16.04.07 at 12:01 »

Only 99pence?! A bargain...and a travesty...in any language!  Am still relying on the CD for BOTBS and DTMA.
Happily, was able to acquire a vinyl edition of AKAN - in mint condition and coincidentally 8.50 - from the small ads listings of Record Collector Magazine; the Carnations on the Roof  single came from the same source.

A vinyl copy of the Secret Drinker album mysteriously found its way into my collection after I had played a copy of tracks on air at BBC Radio Derby in the days when I was presenting programmes for them!

Recently, there has been rather less of interest in the Record Collector ads - sounds as if I should transfer my attentions to e-bay.  

IP logged

Paul Leighton
Paul Leighton
MV Friend

Mine's a Thatchers!

« Reply #2: 16.04.07 at 15:43 »

Further to my previous note, have just recalled that my vinyl "Road of Silk" came to me as a buckshee promotion copy when BBC Radio London asked me to interview Pete just prior to the Road of Silk tour.  

Having spoken to him a fair few times since then, I'm reasonably satisfied - or at least hopeful - that he has forgotten the event, since I was so overwhelmingly delighted to be asked to cover it that I fear my enthusiasm overtook any kind of professionalism I should have been employing!  Despite having spent many of my University days listening to BOTBS  and later DTMA,  during one question I managed to describe TBS as Beautiful Dreamer!  

Not one of my finest moments.  Perhaps you have to reach fifty to cease to be "star-struck"!!

Best

Paul
IP logged

Paul Leighton
Gerry Smith
MV Fixture

« Reply #3: 16.04.07 at 23:06 »

on 16.04.07 at 12:01, paul.leighton wrote:

Recently, there has been rather less of interest in the Record Collector ads - sounds as if I should transfer my attentions to e-bay.

A quick ebay search reveals AKAN, TROS and SD all with current bids of 99p (!!!!!) as well as a 7" Philips single of BCWTOYTM/MOTR.

Fill yer boots!

Gerry

IP logged

Out playing the saxes
Gerry Smith
MV Fixture

« Reply #4: 17.04.07 at 19:53 »

I'm confused. I see that my 'new' BOTBS, on RCA, contains BCWTOYTM. I thought this was only on the Fontana release. Or Philips. Or something. Could somebody explain, please?

Gerry
IP logged

Out playing the saxes
Kevin Cryan
MV Fellow

I love Midnight Voices!

« Reply #5: 17.04.07 at 20:44 »

Gerry,

Be Careful When They Offer You The Moon was available only as a Philips single  [Philips 6006 050] - B side Master of Revels - up until RCA released the album Beware of th Beautiful Stranger [SF8387], on which, at the request of its composers, it replaced a string arrangement of Touch Has a Memory they thought rather weak.  

Kevin Cryan

PS. When RCA released Master of the Revels as a single [RCA 2416], the B side was Thief In The Night .
« Last Edit: 17.04.07 at 21:03 by Kevin Cryan » IP logged
BogusTrumper
MV Fellow

You alone will be my last adventure

« Reply #6: 17.04.07 at 20:46 »

According to that compendium of all things Atlin,  

http://www.peteatkin.com/pa.htm

Beware of the Beautiful Stranger  

TOUCH HAS A MEMORY (Fontana release only)

Maybe that of which you were thinking
IP logged

And so goodbye, my lady of a night
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

« Reply #7: 19.06.07 at 08:47 »

This thread began with Gerry Smith 'winning' (via eBay) BotBS on vinyl for 99p.

I've just been shown this page: a vinyl copy of Julie Covington's The Beautiful Changes changing hands for 150 after sustained bidding.

Goes to show there's still value in LP rarity, even after CD reissue.

Steve
IP logged
Gerry Smith
MV Fixture

« Reply #8: 19.06.07 at 10:15 »

Funny old world...
IP logged

Out playing the saxes
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

« Reply #9: 27.06.07 at 09:23 »

Not to prolong this indefinitely, but should anyone still need a copy of the TBC+ CD, 'mickeyboro' (not a member but a lurker) is selling his on eBay to help fund a trip to Russia.

SJB
IP logged
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.