Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 29.03.24 at 09:30 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Yet more stats - Ebay »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Music
(Moderator: Ian Chippett)
   Yet more stats - Ebay
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Yet more stats - Ebay  (Read 4147 times)
Jan
MV Fellow

Yet more stats - Ebay
« : 29.09.06 at 01:26 »

Since I have an irredeemable reputation as an anorak I thought there was no harm to be done by posting the following stats concerning sales of the Atkin works on Ebay since the beginning of the year. I haven't included any printed material or the Mermaid Frolics and I may have inadvertently missed a few sales because I only check every few weeks. The price given is the highest achieved for each, together with the number of bids for that particular sale. ("Buy it now" means that the seller was prepared to sell at a set price instead of auctioning the item.)  
I think someone had a stock of Beautiful Changes CDs to sell.

Julie Covington  
The beautiful changes     CD    12 sold    £18.99 Buy it now

The beautiful changes     LP  3 sold    £120.00 Buy it now

The magic wasn't there   Single 1 sold £8.00 Buy it now

Tonight your love is over Single 1 sold £1.50 1 bid

Heads together, First round LP  17 sold £36.20 12 bids
 US interest and lots of bids for each copy sold          
Pete Atkin  
Collection of 5 CDs    CD   1 sold        £51.00    10 bids

9x2     CD   3 sold £10.00    Buy it now

A king at nightfall     LP   3 sold £2.20    2 bids

A king at nightfall/The road of silk  CD 6 sold   £29.00     17 bids

Beware of the beautiful stranger    LP 14 sold $29.99     Buy it now

Beware of the beautiful stranger/Driving through ... CD  3 sold £21.00  7 bids

Driving through mythical America    LP   4 sold   £4.75   1 bid

Lakeside sessions (CDHILL03)   CD  1 sold    £9.38   4 bids

Live in Australia         CD  1 sold £9.99   1 bid

Live libel       LP    5 sold £8.38   2 bids

Master of the revels    LP    4 sold £6.95   Buy it now

Secret drinker        LP    6 sold £2.99

Secret drinker/Live Libel       CD   3 sold £12.50   7 bids

The road of silk      LP    8 sold £7.99   1 bid

I was surprised to see 9x2, Live in Australia and Lakeside Sesssions being bought. I'm sure it would be cheaper to buy from Hillside once the postage and packing was included  Wink

Jan
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1159489575&start=0#0   copy 
Pete Atkin
MV Deity

Re: Yet more stats - Ebay
« Reply #1: 29.09.06 at 09:05 »

Hmmm!   I had bought up all of the remaining stocks of my own See For Miles CDs, but not all of The Beautiful Changes, so, yes, someone had the remainder....

Pete
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1159489575&start=1#1   copy 
Jan
MV Fellow

« Reply #2: 29.09.06 at 12:33 »

It would have been interesting to see what price the Beautiful Changes CD fetched in an auction considering the prices achieved by the vinyl (£32, £54, £120). Most of the CD copies were sold within a month or so but of course you can't really tell how many were available. Once the buyers were in contact with the seller any number may have been shifted. A least it wasn't blatant profiteering - I must admit I did consider buying a copy or two for resale at a later date!

Jan
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1159489575&start=2#2   copy 
Secret Drinker
MV Fixture

Paul Gunningham, MoM

« Reply #3: 29.09.06 at 14:29 »

on 29.09.06 at 01:26, Jan wrote:
I was surprised to see 9x2, Live in Australia and Lakeside Sesssions being bought. I'm sure it would be cheaper to buy from Hillside once the postage and packing was included  Wink

There doesn't seem to be any logic in ebay prices - sometimes items that aren't (on the face of it) worth a lot seem to go for high bid prices, and at other times items that seem to be rare and sough-after go for peanuts.

I was once surprised to win a very rare LP in pristine condition for £1.50, having seen another copy of the same LP go for over £100 a few months earlier - I could only assume the other people who had bid for the first one had somehow missed the second item.

I guess it just depends who the bidders are, whether they see the listing or not, and how badly they want the item.

I guess the CDs could have been bought by someone who perhaps didn't know of the CD, saw it on ebay, assumed it was a rarity, and snapped it up.

Interesting, Jan. Pity I missed a few of those items myself!

Cheers

Paul
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1159489575&start=3#3   copy 

Staving off the pressure... by drinking real ale
Ian Chippett
MV Moderator

In the clear at over fifty-five

« Reply #4: 29.09.06 at 17:44 »

Jan wrote:

<<It would have been interesting to see what price the Beautiful Changes CD fetched in an auction considering the prices achieved by the vinyl (£32, £54, £120). >>

Has anybody seen the Beautiful Changers' CD on Ebay? Or maybe it's such a popular work none of the original owners can bear to part with it... 8-)

Ian C
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1159489575&start=4#4   copy 
Ashley
MV Fresher

I love Midnight Voices!

« Reply #5: 30.10.06 at 05:48 »

I just missed out on a copy of driving through mythical america cd where the bidding reached 55 pounds plus. I also noticed a site selling live libel but they only ship to the US.

Ebay is really strange regarding prices but then so are most auctions

ashley Embarassed
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1159489575&start=5#5   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.