Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 28.03.24 at 18:04 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Pete Atkin - First encounter »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Music
(Moderator: Ian Chippett)
   Pete Atkin - First encounter
Pages: 1 2   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Pete Atkin - First encounter  (Read 11279 times)
Richard Bleksley
MV Fixture

My time has come to find a better way

Re: Singing PA songs a capella
« Reply #20: 27.11.06 at 20:47 »

on 27.11.06 at 16:08, Secret Drinker wrote:

To get back on topic (sort of), I wonder if anyone has any thoughts about what PA songs would particularly lend themselves to a capella performance? Maybe this should be in another thread though.

The first two that occur to me are both from Winter Spring - An Empty Table and A Hill of Little Shoes.  Their loose structure seems appropriate to the style.
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1103116066&start=20#20   copy 
Secret Drinker
MV Fixture

Paul Gunningham, MoM

Re: Pete Atkin - First encounter
« Reply #21: 28.11.06 at 12:25 »

on 27.11.06 at 20:43, Ian Chippett wrote:
Paw G. wrote:

<<So when it was my turn, I had to think of something to do. I was a bit overawed by the setting, and sang a capella the first song that came into my head, that I knew the words to (sadly not a PA song).>>

Uh, "Drink Up Thee Zider?" "Twice Daily?" "The Champion Dung Spreader?" "The Chew Magna Cha-Cha?" I think we should be told.  

Well, I did think of singing Thee's Got'n Where Thee Cassn't Back'n Hassn't, but I reckoned the Geordies would never have understood the lyrics  Smiley

It was indeed a song from and about the south-west, but from Devon rather than Somerset: Country Life, written by Steve Knightley (of Show of Hands in case anyone doesn't know him). I'd been singing it at folk clubs and the like, so the lyrics were fresh in my mind at the time.

Cheers

Paul
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1103116066&start=21#21   copy 

Staving off the pressure... by drinking real ale
Pages: 1 2    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.