Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 28.03.24 at 18:06 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Beeston, Nottingham - 30th June 2017 »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Gigs
(Moderator: Gerry Smith)
   Beeston, Nottingham - 30th June 2017
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Beeston, Nottingham - 30th June 2017  (Read 4924 times)
Pete Atkin
MV Deity

Beeston, Nottingham - 30th June 2017
« : 02.07.17 at 12:12 »

Many a thank to Colin Tucker for asking me to play at the Second Time Around Folk Club for organising it so well, and for getting such a good and friendly audience.   I feel sure there must have been several there whose names I would have recognised, so I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello.  Anyway and for what it's worth, here's what I did --

The Way You Are With Me (gtr)
Have You Got A Biro I Can Borrow? (g)
The Beautiful Changes (g)
I See The Joker (keybd)
Touch Has A Memory (k)
Thief In The Night (g)
Carnations On The Roof (g)
Canoe (k)
Hill Of Little Shoes (k)
Beware of the Beautiful Stranger (g)

Time To Burn (k)
History and Geography (k)
Girl On The Train (g)
Stranger in Town (g)
Dancing Master (k)
The Flowers and the Wine (k)
Thirty Year Man (k)
The Colours of the Night (g)
Perfect Moments (k)
Laughing Boy (g)
+
(req) The Last Hill That Shows You All The Valley

https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1498993959&start=0#0   copy 
Mike Walters
MV Fixture

Re: Beeston, Nottingham - 30th June 2017
« Reply #1: 02.07.17 at 16:58 »

Well, I was there, along with my old friend and fellow MV Andy Victor. It was something of a sentimental journey for me since in our schooldays Andy and I used to be frequent attenders of various Nottingham folk-clubs (Andy still lives there and still is) and I remembered one or two of the club regulars from those days. Not only that, but the first time Andy and I saw Pete perform live was some forty years ago just down the road at Nottingham University SU.  

Thought it was a terrific evening. Pete was on top form, a great mix of older and newer songs, and a very appreciative audience. I spoke to one or two people who hadn't been familiar with the songs previously who were really enthusiastic. Oh, and a rare outing for Stranger in Town, my favourite song from LL.
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=App&action=display&num=1498993959&start=1#1   copy 
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.