Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUMRSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 14.12.17 at 02:27 UK
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices Priddy
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Gigs
(Moderator: Gerry Smith)
   Priddy
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Priddy  (Read 2021 times)
Jan
MV Fellow

Priddy
« : 17.07.05 at 19:24 »

Did anyone go to see Pete and Dave Brown at the Priddy Folk Festival last week?
How did it go?
What did they sing?
Jan
IP logged
Ian Chippett
MV Fellow

In the clear at over fifty-five

Re: Priddy
« Reply #1: 18.07.05 at 12:57 »

I was in Priddy! Alas, it was two months before the gig on a journey down Memory Lane. However, putting all nostalgia aside (you can't put it behind you), I can't imagine that Paul Gunningham wasn't there, in the very heart of Ciderland.

Ian C

Making do with Beaujolais Nouveau in Pantin, France
IP logged
Pete Atkin
MV Deity

« Reply #2: 20.07.05 at 22:10 »

I'm as sure as can be that no MVs were at Priddy, so I've been toying with the idea of telling you that I tried out a bunch of brand new stuff.  Actually, it would have been a good opportunity, come to think of it.  But no, I didn't.   Three of my four were requests (guess which ones):  Girl on the Train, Upstairs Window, Sunlight Gate (for the 7/7 rescuers), and Beautiful Stranger.  It was one of those almost impossibly (for me) hot days, and that reinforced the sense of the whole event being a nostalgic throwback;  it was well organised, small, (literally) village-green-y, funkily hippie-ish, almost quaint, and, well, charming.   If only it hadn't been quite so hot.  But then no one else seemed to be complaining.
IP logged
Secret Drinker
MV Fixture

Paul Gunningham, MoM

« Reply #3: 01.08.05 at 13:08 »

on 18.07.05 at 12:57, Ian Chippett wrote:
I was in Priddy! Alas, it was two months before the gig on a journey down Memory Lane. However, putting all nostalgia aside (you can't put it behind you), I can't imagine that Paul Gunningham wasn't there, in the very heart of Ciderland.

Ian C

Making do with Beaujolais Nouveau in Pantin, France

Sadly, I wasn't, as Pete has already confirmed  Sad

A pity, because my cider supplies are getting dangerously low, and it would have been an ideal excuse to stock up. And not only did I miss Pete, but Steve Tilston too...   Cry

(Did Joe Stead also sing Girl on the Train at Priddy?  Wink )  

Cheers to all

Paul

Mostly keeping a low profile in Herts  Cool
IP logged

Staving off the pressure... by drinking real ale
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.