Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUMRSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 19.10.17 at 08:19 UK
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices Clive's Points Of View
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Words
(Moderator: Mike Walters)
   Clive's Points Of View
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Clive's Points Of View  (Read 1939 times)
Pete Atkin
MV Deity

Clive's Points Of View
« : 07.12.08 at 13:46 »

I expect most of you probably listen everfy week to Clive anyway on Radio 4, but you may not look regularly at the Radio 4 messageboards.   In the latest CJ thread there are a couple of mentions of the songs (MVs possibly?):  http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbradio4/F2766771?thread=6092167&skip=0&show=20
IP logged
Rob Spence
MV Fixture

Hypertension Kid

Re: Clive's Points Of View
« Reply #1: 07.12.08 at 16:53 »

on 07.12.08 at 13:46, Pete Atkin wrote:
I expect most of you probably listen everfy week to Clive anyway on Radio 4, but you may not look regularly at the Radio 4 messageboards.   In the latest CJ thread there are a couple of mentions of the songs (MVs possibly?):  http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbradio4/F2766771?thread=6092167&skip=0&show=20

Yes, some interesting responses there, but also some depressingly miserable types who feel that a considered criticism of Clive is to call him a "tripehound". I did once post a couple of things on a BBC messageboard, but then found endless responses from people with a sense-of-humour bypass. I gave up.
The contrast between the frequently poisonous atmosphere on the Beeb and the pleasant, friendly tone of MV posts is yet another indication of our effortless superiority.  Wink
IP logged
Gerry Smith
MV Fixture

« Reply #2: 07.12.08 at 18:28 »

Hi Rob, yes, I read the beeb board too and quite agree with you. What a miserable, curmudgeonly read it was.

Gerry
IP logged

Out playing the saxes
Pete Atkin
MV Deity

« Reply #3: 08.12.08 at 09:34 »

Aha - now you get an idea of what it's like to be a BBC producer!  In the 80s I produced four series of what was at the time the most popular scripted comedy show on the network (in terms of both numbers and audience appreciation, according to the research - and it won awards as well) but the only letters I ever received about it were complaints.
IP logged
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Members | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.