Midnight Voices
THE PETE ATKIN WEB FORUM   RSS
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
This page loaded: 19.04.24 at 21:54 UK time
PA
HOME
Pete Atkin home page
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices « Is there Piano/Vocals music available for Girl on the Train? »
   Midnight Voices
   Pete Atkin
   Music
(Moderator: Ian Chippett)
   Is there Piano/Vocals music available for Girl on the Train?
Pages: 1   Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
   Author  Thread: Is there Piano/Vocals music available for Girl on the Train?  (Read 9132 times)
michaeljones
MV Fresher

I love Midnight Voices!

Is there Piano/Vocals music available for Girl on the Train?
« : 30.10.13 at 05:35 »

Hi,

I am a beginner at singing and have been asked by my teacher to find a song I would like to sing. I have always loved Girl on the Train and so thought I would attempt to find some piano and vocals music so I could try singing it. Unfortunately I have had no success.

Does anyone know if it available for purchase somewhere?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Michael
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1383107743&start=0#0   copy 
Simon Reap
MV Fixture

Toggler to the few!

Re: Is there Piano/Vocals music available for Girl on the Train?
« Reply #1: 30.10.13 at 10:24 »

on 30.10.13 at 05:35, michaeljones wrote:
I have always loved Girl on the Train and so thought I would attempt to find some piano and vocals music

There are some piano parts on the discography page on the main PA website, but sadly GOTT is not one of them. The guitar chords are there - just search for "Girl on the train" and it is the second icon on the right hand side.

Simon

<< Discography url corrected -- SJB >>
« Last Edit: 30.10.13 at 11:33 by S J Birkill »     https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1383107743&start=1#1   copy 
S J Birkill
MV Administrator

just a sensible reserve

Re: Is there Piano/Vocals music available for Girl on the Train?
« Reply #2: 04.11.13 at 14:41 »

Michael

I asked Pete about this, and he doesn't remember ever having played it on piano, so he doesn't have any part worked out. I know one or two of our longstanding members are piano enthusiasts, and there's one fellow I know can vamp up almost anything in a shot. But for that very reason they, or he, are unlikely to have anything written down as a standard piano part.

Now if you'd wanted something from 'The Road of Silk' or 'Secret Drinker' I could have made you a one-off copy from the (out-of-print) 'First Folio' collection in Pete's own hand. But I know those songs probably don't have the instant appeal you're looking for for singing.

Anyone here played Girl on the Train on piano?

Steve
    https://peteatkin.com/forum?board=Music&action=display&num=1383107743&start=2#2   copy 

Stephen J Birkill
Pages: 1    Start of Thread | Latest Post Reply | Notify of replies | Send Thread | Print
Return to Top « Previous thread | Next thread »
MV Home | Short | Help | Search | Login | Register | Shop | PA Home
Midnight Voices is not responsible for comments made by its members. All opinions expressed are entirely those of their authors.
Midnight Voices » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.